1) absolutely NO automatic popup window (by the icons to the left of the entry titles in the list)
- This is a reasonable suggestion. I will consider add a option to disable this automatically popover.
2) we don't want to see the H1, H2 etc to the left of the H titles (i could not find an option to hide them)
- This can be done by customised theme. "Tomorrow Aqua" is an example. In theme, adjust heading "Hint" as total transparent or same colour with background. Not straightforward solution, but I don't want to add too many "checkbox" in preferences.
3) the filters&tags special group should be at the top
- I have idea to add more, like "Inbox", "Recent", "Favourite" together with filter/tag. After that, I will move them top.
4) the 4 icons at the bottom of the edit window should be at the top, with an option to hide them, (an a tooltip on them about what they do!)
- As it only has 4 icons, tooltip even could be overkilled if a user can remember that after a few seconds.
5) the file tree is difficult to read: the arrow window is too thin
En, you are properly right. The fact is, I am only one to build everything in this project. I will get a paid UI designer until I have enough UI design tasks - it is a little bit annoying to him if only an icon(unfortunately, I made that thin icon myself). As these recent versions focus on quality. I have to delay some UI improvement to future version.
Yes, Ulysses is good, but as solo developer I rarely to open it to avoid impacting my thinking. I want to make an unique editor, like dual editing mode, commonmark compatible etc.
Many thanks your feedback. I am always opening to the users!